The new GTEK 170R has arrived and Planet Eclipse managed to create another stellar entry to the upper mid-range price point. I guess we should not be surprised as Eclipse guns are known for their unparalleled performance and quality.
Using the Gamma Core technology the GTEK 170R needs neither an air transfer tube or a macroline.
The new SL6 regulator allows the air to be led directly through the grip from the regulator to the bolt. The grip now houses all the technology like board, processor, solenoid etc.
The construction is extremely space efficient due to the smaller components, so much so, that the grip, is not a millimeter larger.
Thanks to a unique system, the Gamma Core only needs a working pressure of 135 PSI! This allows the GTEK 170R a very smooth, efficient and quiet shot.
For several years now Planet Eclipse spool valve markers have come equipped with the maintenance-friendly Bolt (Quick Release Bonnet). By simply lifting the rear cap on the marker you can pull out the entire bolt system (Gamma Core) out of the GTEK 170R's inner housing.
It couldn't be simpler or faster.
The marker is powered by a 9Volt battery, which is housed in the front handle. The solenoid now sits in the frame directly above the regulator. There's no more fear of eye sensor cable breaks with the new Light Eye Pipes.
- Gamma Core Drivetrain
- Spool Valve Operation
- Quick-Release Bolt Mechanism
- Hose-less air Transfer System
- 135PSI Operating Pressure
- ST1 Bolt
- Microswitch Trigger operation
- Blade Trigger
- 4-Point Trigger Adjustability
- Twin Micro Ball-Raced Trigger Pivot
- Break Beam Breech Sensor System
- 9 Volt Block in Front Handle
- Tool-less Breech Sensor and Detent Access
- 6061-T6 Aluminium Construction
- SL6 Inline Regulator
- Shaft 4/5 Compatible 14.5" Two-Piece Barrel
- POPS ASA
- OLED Graphic Interface
- Low-Rise Feed neck
- Tool-less Battery Access
- Solid aluminum case with zipper - Planet Eclipse GTEK 170R
- Shaft aluminum barrel back .689 (Shaft 4/5 compatible)
- One Shaft front part 14,5"
- Planet Eclipse hexagon socket wrench set
- Planet Eclipse Grease, 10ml
- Planet Eclipse running sock
- GTEK 170R spare parts set
- 1.14 LBS
- 21.50 Inches
- Electronic / Mechanical:
- Firing Modes:
- Semi Auto, NXL
- Co2 / Compressed Air
- Compressed Air Only
- Barrel Threads
- Type of Hopper recommended?
- Electronic Hopper optimal Performance
- Whats Included in the Box:
- Marker, Barrel, Barrel Cover, Spares, Allen Wrenches, Grease
- Construction / Metal Finishing:
- All Anodized Aluminum Construction
- 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
1/What should my tank output pressure be for my Planet Eclipse 170R?
The Planet Eclipse 170R can be operated by a tank outputting anywhere from 250psi all the way to 800psi!
2/What is the difference between the Etha 2 and the 170R?
Although the Planet Eclipse Etha 2 and the 170R use a very similar platform, the 170R is designed to be a more high end marker than the Etha 2. The 170R utilizes a aluminum construction, more streamlined sleeker design, and a lower operating pressure than the Etha 2. Additionally the 170R has other "creature comforts" such as a OLEd screen, tool less access to the eye covers / detents, and quicker access to the bolt system.
3/Is the planet Eclipse 170R worth it?
The Planet Eclipse 170R is a great value for what it is! This marker preforms very well and will keep up with everything on the field, it can be converted to a mechanical marker if desired, and it is sleek and comfortable! It is one of our top recommendations for a high end marker under $1,000.